Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pigs and mud

The little piggies...flute playing pigs (are not wallowing in mud but) are a result of 6 1/2 hrs of flea-marketing with two of my favorite "buddies" on Saturday. We all came home with goodies!!! These guys are for my daughter who for some reason stumbled onto a few pair of these salt & peppers. There were hundreds of these kinds of collectibles at the Brass Armadillo in the Denver area along with hundreds of square feet of antiques, china etc. But flute playing pigs? The only ones I have ever seen are now in my hands and I hope that she wants these to put in her flute playing pig collection. We have to go back to that treasure chest. It was a wonderful weekend...just us girls.
Thanks Pat and Sal!!! Barb, we missed you!

My two little rescue babies are here and their rescue mom who let us adopt them is now struggling with a very serious health issue. She has done so much for so many unwanted furkids and has found homes for so many like these two. We all pray for her and wonder why someone who has done and continues to do so much good has to face such a struggle.

I took these two little boys for a walk today as the snow is melting with the temperature in the mid 40's. It is really muddy on our street (gravel) and in the gutters where all of the neat smells are, not to mention our back yard. They had a ball out in the sun and the mud and the yuk. When I got back to the house, both guys were covered in mud and Roger who is white as snow was brown all over. What a mess! Spencer is curly and had little tiny mud balls caked everywhere. I had to dip their feet in a bowl of water to get the mud off and there is no point in giving them a bath until it drys up a bit. I don't know who had more mud....the dogs or me. By the time I was finished, I was laughing too hard to be concerned about any of it. Spring must be just around the corner.

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~ E.E.Cummings

1 comment:

Erica said...

Sweet fuzzy faces! Love the pigs!!