Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Oooops!



I blew my new year resolution to be better at posting, but gee....I find so much to do! Stay with me...I will try more! We finished the basement bathroom and here are a few pics of the finished project. Remember, there were no walls..nothing! The shower was elevated to accommodate the plumbing without having to tear up the concrete. We have done that before.


The larger tiles were installed on the shower step because they have a matte textured surface which was a safety precaution and we think they look great.
We spent the weekend in Saratoga at a pool tournament and the Mr. did quite well. The roads were closed Fri a.m., but we did make it out after they opened the interstate. It snowed on Sat and Sun and we made it home OK although the wind blew with pretty strong gusts. It is storming now as I type and this is springtime in the Rockies. I have columbine up, tulips, dianthus, alium, canterbury bells, delphinium and more. Brave little souls they are! I cannot wait to get my hands in the earth and see what survived this brutal winter!

"The trouble with gardening is that it does not remain an avocation. It becomes an obsession."
~ Phyllis McGinley

No comments: