Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer windchime!



A few posts ago, I indicated that I would be making a wind chime from pot lids and silverware. I finally got down to business and here it is. I opted not to use the large spoon, but will save it for another project. When the breezes blow, the silver pieces make a delicate little chime. Hanging outside my kitchen, it reflects my love for old things and I have re-purposed something!!! Thank you to my friend who brought hers to me to use as a model. With the dog days of summer upon us, we are taking every opportunity to work out of doors in the yard. A split-rail fence is now being constructed in the back yard and a small section, purely decorative, will find residence in the front of the house. We have planted numerous bushes and trees, mostly of the small, cheap, beg, borrow and steal type. (that's me--cheap, cheap or as I prefer, thrifty!) Usually with a lot of luck, we have success! We are looking forward to visits this summer from friends and family and perhaps a few day trips with the furkids and a picnic lunch or two. The weather has been wonderful and my flowers are in full bloom. I will be posting pics, but it is always difficult for me to get to the computer when mother nature is so kind!!!

The Amen! of nature is always a flower. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

1 comment:

Erica said...

That is so cute!