Monday, February 28, 2011

Crafty me

My daughter gets me a little side- tracked with the wonderful things she finds and links to me. Creative people who are posting their ideas and are willing to share with the rest of us are inspiration for crafters or artisans of all ages. Just when I think I have exhausted ideas for my myriad of collections, another creation has been born. I have used these teacups in chandeliers, bird feeders and garden totems to name a few. Now I have another purpose inspired by some brilliant person. (I have not given credit to the artist as I don't remember it.) Atop this teacup, is the beginning of a scene which will include a little cottage, or a forest, or perhaps some woodland scene, but certainly some mushrooms. In all practicality it is a pincushion, but it could be an ice cream sundae or a snowy ski slope. The inspiration pieces had little homes constructed of felt and walkways, etc. After I received the link, I had to quit my current projects and go hunt for the cup and saucer and search for some fabric. I have a huge stash of old chenille bed spreads and found this one with the wonderful white puffs on it. I spent Saturday afternoon at the quilt shop working on Sylvia's sampler with a group of gals. Of the 8 that were there on that afternoon, 6 of us stitched away on our little nearly antique featherweight Singers. So, with less than 20 squares left, here are a few more.
We had a snow storm this past weekend which dumped over 6 inches and with warm weather following, it is a muddy mess in my yard. We do need the moisture though and as the days are slowly getting longer, I think that spring will be here before we know it.

No comments: