Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pretty fall colors

 With all of the crafty people and artisans displaying their talents, I always am up for a new challenge when I see what can be created with little or no expense.  We have so many leather scraps from the Mr.'s hobby that I decided to try my talents.  At our small library, there is a box in the entry way for people to leave discarded magazines and are free for the taking.  I leave mine there, but I also scrounge for things I have not seen.  In a batch of old magazines from the 90's I found a few to take and peruse.  There was an article about making fall pins from leather and the leaf patterns were included.  So these are about 1" to 1 1/2" across and all that is left is to add the pin backs.  I got help from the Mr. to determine which tools I needed to cut the patterns into the wet leather and shape them and when they were dry, I painted them with acrylic and sprayed a sealer.  Voila!  No cost and now I am thinking of making a leather cuff.  I saw them for as much as $65.00 in shops not long ago. And now another gorgeous sunrise taken from my back door this weekend.  Love the fall colors.
"Every man is the architect of his own virtues" ~ Sallust

No comments: