Monday, August 6, 2018

August so soon



Oh my gosh, it is August already! The last part of July was a whirlwind. Our daughter and her husband came for Frontier Days and everything between my last post and the first of this month has been a blur.  We had two terrible hail storms, a picnic with many, many past coworkers, finishing the pond above and time spent with neighbors, lunches, coffee meets and quilt shop trips.  This week is the county fair and we have hit numerous garage sales on weekends. As the days begin to shorten, I am reminded that the snow won't be far behind the end of this month.  I had pictures of the pond progress, but for some reason, lost track of them.  These pictures are not very good, but this pond is in the shade most of the day and tucked next to the deck, it is pretty sheltered.  I was able to use the old pump that I have been packing around for over 20 years though and love the sound of the water falling.  I have been able to schedule two months of rooms at the library for our sewing and quilting group, and we are trying to schedule a couple of trips to visit our two kids on the west coast and don't know if that will happen any time soon.  I also have a friend coming this weekend for a crafting project. So, now I hope to get back here on a more regular basis.....perhaps?

"If you want to be original, be yourself." ~ Anonymous

No comments: