Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lady Bug as promised

There will be more of the lady bug as I couldn't get enough of the way she looks in the garden. The antennae don't show up well in this picture, but they are soooo cute!! Also the lilies are such a dark color and Erica.....the bee balm you bought me last year is just really spectacular. My garden is such a delight this summer.
Mother Nature has been good to me and I have many more clips
so stay tuned.


We are packing up again to go camping. Our friends are already down there and this year we are really prepared in the event that we have another bear encounter. We have the dogs, which were absolutely not the least bit help as they didn't even see the bear walking up the road toward us, and we have bear spray. I Guess that is actually pepper spray and we have heavy duty ammunition ...real stuff!!! After watching the evening news and seeing how many incidents have occurred this year in the rocky mountain region it is apparent that they are getting bolder and bolder. Tonight we saw film of an intruder who went into a kitchen and ate shrimp from a freezer and chocolate chips from a closet. At least that bruin had good taste. So many of our campgrounds have been closed because of the beetle kill and it is so sad. It will only continue to get worse until our mature forests are gone. We will camp as long as we are able.

The hummers have been late this summer. My feeders have been devoured by the finches but now that my bee balm is blooming, they are starting to show up. My garden Guru, Bonnie told me that bit of information and darned if she wasn't right! So, Erica, thank you so much for the bee balm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are more than welcome! Bee balm is blooming here as well and I think I am going to have to get some for myself.

Those ladybugs are so adorable!

I am so sad about the forest dying... breaks my heart.