Monday, July 28, 2008

Lady Bug, Lady Bug, Fly Away Home

As heavy as these bowling balls are this lady bug ain't flyin' nowhere! These are a few of the steps we took to get these hummers done. We took contact paper and masked off the head.

All 5 look a little weird and the one at the back was our experiment as we had no pattern.
We drew circles and cut them out. Try removing the backing from 35-40 little dots of contact paper!
This shows the spraying process and next post will show the finished bugs.
Today I was invited to go into town and meet with some friends at the ice cream shop. One of our ol' buddies who deserted us last year for the warmth and beauty of retirement life in Tuscon came through to visit. What a great visit we had. We miss you Nancy, but know you are having a great life there. (The ice cream was pretty yummy too!) Our realtor called to show the house as I had dirty dishes in the sink, banana bread in the oven and laundry in both the washer and dryer and was putting lunch on the table. The Mr. and I rallied and got most of the house presentable and the banana bread came out of the oven to make the house smell good. Then as I was still in at the ice cream shop, they called and wanted to see it again at 4:30. This time, the Mr. was on his own, but did a great job! We have been so busy that I meet myself coming and going. Will keep you posted but in the interim......

"I try to take one day at a time--but sometimes several days attack me at once."
~ Jennifer Unlimited

No comments: