Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring?

According to the calendar, spring has arrived! However, we are in winter storm pattern. While the moisture that the mountains are receiving is very much welcomed, it seems that we are only getting more wind with a few snow flakes. Again, the interstate byways have been closed periodically, stranding travelers. This past weekend, we were in Casper so that the Mr. could play in a team tournament for a state competition. Although his team didn't quite make it to finals, we were able to visit with old friends from Carbon Co. As always, we ate too much so we are again on the "computer" with our diet program and the treadmill is getting a workout this week. We will see how long this endeavor to lose weight lasts. I am working again on another quilt square for my quilt club today and finished this project for the heck of it. I mentioned in an earlier blog that I had seen this quote and I just had to do something with it. As the pictures demonstrate, I had an old drawer from a school library table which I primed with gesso, painted, added a "chocolate" colored glass border and lettered. I cut, and painted wood in a "pukey" green and glued to the edges. It was then sealed and will adorn my front porch. If you come selling anything, please bring chocolate to appease me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really cute!