Saturday, January 8, 2011

More quilts

Call me crazy, but I have started 3 more quilts and I have 3 older projects in the works.. I just see things I love and have to try and get so many projects going. Sylvia's sampler is coming along quite nicely. Of 140 small 6 1/2 in squares, I have completed all but about 47. Trying to decide how to set them int a quilt will be a challenge since all have different light backgrounds. This project did enable me to use lots of bits and pieces of fabric too small for much, but pieces nevertheless that I couldn't just toss, so here are the latest squares for that quilt.

I have wanted to try a "wonky" log cabin and after researching on the wonderful internet, I found a process that I liked and with the quilt shop sale last week, I was able to grab some lovely fat quarters with which to experiment. These squares are 12 1/2" and they are easy and fast!
Now that a new year is upon us, Thimble- berries has a new quilt which is a sampler. In other words each square will be a different pattern. Instead of using different fabrics for each square, I have chosen to use the same two fabrics in each of them. This first block has 77 pieces in it and each of the blocks is 14 1/2" square. The 3rd quilt that I am working on is the one I learned to make in the class I took this past fall. I will post an example when I am a little farther along.




We were able to have lunch with our group of retired school employees this week. They have been a part of my life for over 30 years and I am so glad that we are still able to meet and that we continue to share the happenings with our families as our children have grown from babies, to teens, and now to parents. They were such a support group for me and we saw each other through good times and bad.


"Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch."
~ Regina Brett

1 comment:

Erica said...

Love the wonky log cabin! I particularly like the blue on blue square. Would you be up for making one that is monochromatic in shades of that teal blue?