Monday, January 31, 2011

Sylvia's sampler

We are in the deep freeze! Didn't get much snow but at 6:40 p.m. we are minus 3 and with wind chill, predictions are at minus 34 tomorrow. Larder is stocked and I am staying in. It will no doubt be three-dog night!

I love primitive! When I spotted a pattern for this little Raggedy, I knew I had to have her. I felted wool roving onto her head and her dress, bonnet and apron are homespun fabrics. With a painted face and coffee dyed body, she is appears to be well-loved. Also in the works, more quilting.
Sylvia's sampler is coming along as the long cold winter days we are having are conducive to hours at the sewing machine and cutting table.

Before the cold front hit, we had lunch with friends on Tuesday from Rawlins, again on Friday eve, we met with more friends for burgers and suds and again on Sat morning for coffee with more friends from Rawlins. I am expecting one of my buddies to come and spend several days with me next week and more later on the weekend. We are so blessed to have so many long-time relationships with people who are kind, considerate, unselfish and who don't constantly complain. Dad always told me that you could pick your friends, but not your relatives.

So here are a few more squares from the Sampler, although I have more finished. Just need to post!

No comments: