Sunday, May 29, 2011

Garden continued



As Mother Nature tends to humble us, this is the morning after my last picture. The following day we left the winter behind and began our journey to Sunny California. Not knowing what I would return to in the garden, I left my green thumb behind.

It was wonderful to see our son and his family again and we played tourist for a few days before attending our granddaughter's high school graduation. We bid them all goodbye and arrived home here only to learn that it had rained every single day!

Not totally disappointed, I found a few brave seeds have popped through the soil, but most of the plants that I spent so much time nursing to small seedlings did not survive. Either they drowned in their own tears or the rain, or the lack of sun just depressed them to the point of giving up! Now I start over! I am not quite ready to call it quits yet!

"There are fairies at the bottom of our garden!" ~ Rose Fyleman
(I think there must be witches at the bottom of mine.)

No comments: