Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shop Hopping




Two new terms to describe this generation ...CRS and Boomer-itis. I am finding out that we don't remember anything important and pertinent to the present, but can remember every detail of something that happened 50 years ago. Those injuries happening to the baby boomer generation as we try to stay in shape by going to the gym, running for our health, and exercising the old joints and muscles are keeping doctors and surgeons busier than ever.

CRS----yesterday, my quilting buddies trekked to Laramie and Windsor (across the border) to visit quilt shops and get our quilt shop hop passport stamped. The wind blew, but the sun was shinning and the temperature was in the 70's. I didn't drive on this trip, but half-way over the first leg of the trip, I realized that I didn't have my purse. I had water, a jacket and my bag with which to hold my treasures of new fabric and notions...but no purse, no money, no passport, no phone--no plastic! I had forgotten it!

We had a great day, visiting wonderful shops and I begged a passport from one shop and was at the mercy of my friends for lunch, and the DQ Blizzard we always treat ourselves to, but no fabric in my bag to bring home!

Our next trip is planned for next week and if I don't injure myself and get Boomer-itis, I will try to get my CRS under control and not be embarrassed.

The pictures above are blocks and construction of the quilt I referred to as the pancakes I was sewing. I am behind on this blog so will post the finished quilt and a little more about the construction next time.

"Friendship is the golden thread that ties all hearts together." ~ Anonymous
(And it is the purse that feeds the stomach that forgot hers)

No comments: