Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mother Nature's wonder

 We took a drive this week to get away once more at least before the weather gets really bad.  We have had snow in the high country already!  This is between Cheyenne and Laramie in the Curt Gowdy area.  One wonders what keeps this stone of several tons balanced here as it has for many years without tumbling. Although the past couple of days have been a little chilly, the trees here had not yet begun to show the fall colors, but I imagine that soon Mother Nature will paint beautiful fall colors everywhere. 

We are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on the kitchen remodel.  I haven't posted pictures as things are going at a snail's pace..but we take time to play.  The new sink is here and the laminate for the counter tops came in and all of the painting is done.  Have a light fixture to get shades for and install.  I rewired and combined two pieces to make a chandelier to hang above the table so if I wired it properly, it will be forthcoming.  Several years ago I was given a partial set of silver.  I had contemplated making wind chimes or something with these pieces until I searched for the pattern and discovered that the 7 place settings, plus sugar spoon and butter knife were pretty pricey.  (Prices to replace these individual pieces which are still available caused me to re-think that idea.)  At an antique shop recently, I spoke to the owner and she explained what she had done with similar pieces.
Since I already have silverware of my own, I decided that I would like to display this pattern.  A garage sale frame for $1.00, a piece of fabric left from the newly upholstered bar chairs, and some silk ribbon and- Voila! 
We have been very busy...the garden is mostly harvested and in the freezer...I have some cantaloupe which are volunteer from the compost are ripening - a gift from Mother Nature I guess-(hope they aren't listeria infected) and the tomatoes are still on the vines. 

"Look deep, deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." ~ Albert Einstein

No comments: