Thursday, June 14, 2012

The flower garden

 Just a quick post today.  I had coffee with a dear friend who is now gardening and had some plants and seat of the pants wisdom to share with her.  As I was giving some plants to her, I realized how pretty my garden is!  Above, daisies and purple salvia in the background and dianthus in the foreground are in full bloom.  Below, is a Maltese cross.  This plant was a freebie from an acquaintance in a garden club several years ago.  I brought it with me when I moved and honestly forgot about it.  This year, it sprang up and what a surprise to find it still in the garden.  I had totally forgotten about it. 
 The yellow lily is also a gift from a dear friend and I have another color which is budded and not yet in bloom. 
On another note, the fire just south of us has now reached 50,000 acres, destroyed over 100 structures and one life.  The smoke fills the air here when the wind comes from the south and I cannot imagine the destruction.  As a child, I remember having picnics with family nearly every weekend in that area and now.....it will most likely burn until the fall as a result of all of the beetle kill.

1 comment:

Tree Service Charlotte said...

Your Maltese cross is gorgeous!!

-Tony Salmeron