Saturday, November 24, 2012

Critter stuff

 First of all I hope everyone had a great, safe Thanksgiving!  Stuff....My stuff(ing) not in the bird was a little dry but some of us like crispy dressing, so that was OK I guess.  No one complained.  Secondly, I spilled hot drippings on my foot when I was taking out the turkey from the oven.  I have a pretty good tolerance for pain and after cleaning the floor, continued with my tasks.  I had lots of help of course and we had a wonderful day with friends and a niece and her husband who were visiting. That night, when I pulled my sock off, I discovered this humongous blister on the top of my foot.  It jiggled--it was so large.  Fearing that it would break in bed, I drained it and dressed it and went to sleep.  It did not hurt.  Living in a small berg like ours, I called the clinic early yesterday (Friday).  They had me come in and I was able to see the DR.  He dressed it and it seems just fine!  So much for that STUFF!  So my animals have stuff too.  Spencer above has his stash of bones which he hides all over to keep the others away and the cat found this drawer to be a comfy spot when I was working on that cupboard.  No black Friday for us.  Just a wonderful day in the country and a walk by the river to see the aggressive beaver chopping down unbelievable large trees!!!!

No comments: