Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

 I have been away from the camera, the blog and except for a few necessary E-mails, the world of technology for a couple of weeks.  It is a struggle for me to figure out all of the tech stuff, and I know that I will probably be left in the dust.  I have a cell phone, but not hooked up to the "net", so as we have no land line, that is a must.  After years of working and dealing with the public, we are loving the relaxed style of life and serenity now out here on the prairie.  People who are important to me know how to contact me. There are no more trips to the big box home improvement stores with carts of building materials which scream "work", no waiting at a stop light for it to change just to get to the post office or the grocery store, no door to door sales people and no stray dogs to worry about when the furkids go with us for walks.  When we go to the only grocery store here, or the post office, or the eateries (which by the way are wonderful), everyone greats us with a big smile, something we missed.  Guess that is the small town hick in us.
 My Coalette is my constant companion and in the morining, she sleeps at the keyboard as I check the computer and blog and read the local paper on line. She gives me fits as I try to quilt and loves the machine which in itself is a little scary.  The thread wraps around her tail and I am constantly scooting her away from the needle.  She loves to lay in my lap when I am doing handwork and she is a wonderful cat.  Below, little Spencer cuddles under a quilt and as I type this, the outdoor temp is 5 degrees.  All of our critters love us and "home is where they love you". 
With a few exceptions, we have completed most of the "business", of relocating and as soon as those things have been accomplished, I am planning on a New Year of adventures.  This will be my 50th anniversary of high school graduation and may try to get the gang together...there were less than a dozen of us, I have a wedding cake to do in the spring, I want to do more glass projects and have been asked to teach a painting class and .....Oh my!  I may not do any of these for I plan to do a lot of reading and more quilting, and spending time with friends and being just "home where they love you".   Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

Erica said...

Sounds like heaven! At least Coalette isn't ON your keyboard.

Pat said...

She does roll over on my keyboard and sometimes I have to put it in the drawer in order to use it.

Pat said...

She does roll over on my keyboard and sometimes I have to put it in the drawer in order to use it.

Pat said...

She does roll over on my keyboard and sometimes I have to put it in the drawer in order to use it.

Robyn said...

So Miss Coalette really is a mama's kitty. :-) That is so funny that she likes to sit on the top of your machine. Jake and I had a good laugh at that picture.

Happy New Year!