Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring?

 With spring officially here, I have finished my Christmas quilt so it has been put away and I am off to start another quilt. That is because it really is NOT spring!!!  We are expecting to get another snow storm and I will be forced to stay inside this weekend.  Hurry up spring!  Someone has however, forgotten to tell nature's little critters.  The prairie dogs and little ground squirrels are busy tearing up the soil around here.  I see them scurrying in and out among the sagebrush now and the scent of little beings is driving my dogs crazy.  They have had rabbits to chase before, but this is new territory for their keen little noses.  We need a fence as they continue to roam farther away from the house as they become more familiar with the acreage. Bad dogs!!
 My cat thinks she can do anything she wants and she pretty much does.  Questionable as this looks, she has attacked my little Spencer and has him pinned down in a wrestling move.  He did escape her attempt to hold him down and she did not pursue him, considering it a win I think.  They make me laugh and they will cuddle up and sleep together sometimes when they are not playing.  How do people live without pets?
This is a houseplant related to the African Violet I think.  Sorry, Bonnie, I don't remember it's name, but most of my plants are gifts of my good friends.  This one blooms constantly and at present, it has at least 18 blossoms.  So.....spring, hurry up as I need to get my hands in some soil!!!!

"If you pray for rain, be prepared to deal with some mud." ~ Charles Dudley Warner
  

No comments: