Thursday, April 11, 2013

Winter this spring

 My crazy cat crawled into this plastic bag which held the batting from the quilt sandwich below and went to sleep.  I went upstairs and she was asleep completely in the bag, then I checked later and finding her head in the handle, lifted it off and by the time I got the camera, she was partially out of the bag.  Silly cat!!  I posted earlier the old quilt top belonging to a dear friend and have had to improvise the assembly process I used at my previous house.  So with a tip from a quilt show, I used blue painter's tape to secure the backing and although the tape really didn't hold very well (and maybe I didn't use enough), it worked pretty well.  I am now quilting it.
In my absence from this blog and I didn't realize it had been so long, I had my friend whose quilt top this is, come to visit for a few days.  We gathered some other friends for a dinner for her to celebrate her birthday and worked on preparing for our summer projects for our girls' retreat.  One of these will be a few stepping stones each with glass flowers in them so we planned for some patterns and purchased some glass.  I also had a sister and niece come to discuss a wedding cake I am do do for a great niece and they were able to stay for lunch.  They left just before our winter arrived this spring.  We have had snow for two days straight, maybe more as I can't remember!!! I know the roads were closed.
The afternoon before the snow began, with the wind at our backs (and fronts) the Mr. and I finished a backyard fence with which to contain the dogs and I might add that they are none too happy about this fence.  We discovered a tick in the house before we finished the fence which was unsettling and hopefully the dogs will not have as much access to the sagebrush now.  With deer and other tick carrying critters so close, I fear we are fighting a losing battle so will just be vigilant and see that the little guys get short haircuts when the snow is gone. 

"I try to take one day at a time, ...but sometimes several days attack me at once." ~ Jennifer Unlimited

No comments: