Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer!

 My absence from the blog is a result of summer!  We here in windy Wyo (and it has been so windy!!), have to take advantage of our very short summer and we have been building a fence to keep the critters in and out.  The ground squirrels have been raising havoc with all of my flowers as they emerge from the long winter and I have been fighting them with everything I have, but the traps have been eliminated as the magpies are drawn to the peanut butter used as bait.  The critters also carry lice, fleas, and ticks so I have been busy!!  Roger is oblivious to it all and truly knows how to spend summer.
 In addition, when I am not at war with the wind and the squirrels and the feeble attempt to garden, I have been cutting and grinding glass.  This year, our craft retreat will be here rather than Elk Mt. and I am getting projects for that.  One of our projects is a series of stepping stones with glass images embedded. So far  have twenty pieces almost ready.  So after using a few patterns I had, I decided that I could do a better job. (ha ha...I lack no self confidence).  Maybe I am just too ignorant to think otherwise.  This is a series of the steps I have taken with my version of an Iris.


This has yet to be ground in order to get the edges smooth, but although it is time consuming, I have 2 lighthouses, 2 butterflies, 2 dragonflies, 3 pansies, 1 pear, 1 tulip, 2 lillys, 2 lady bugs, 1 daisy, 2 iris, and a couple of other flowers....20 in all I think.  So as this project progresses, I will update when the actual time comes the first full week of August. We will have at least 4 different crafts and intend to spend 4 days with these projects.  Don't give up on me, I just get a little busy in summer.

No comments: