Friday, June 7, 2013

Yep, it's me!

 I really think this is the first picture of me that I have ever posted.  I don't like to post pictures of people, mostly to protect their privacy.  The Mr. and I took a trip to Vegas last week so that he could play in an international pool tournament.  He played for 4 days with his teammates and although they did not get in "the money", they had fun!  On the way back we went to the Grand Canyon and totally loved it and want to go back to spend more time sightseeing.  There is so much history there and this watchtower is something that shouldn't be missed!!  I have much to do now that I am home again so this will be short and sweet?  Maybe not sweet.  Maybe not short.
 This summer, my buddies and I will again have our retreat, but it will not take place as it has in the past years, at Elk Mountain.  We will be here.  One of the projects will be this stepping stone project above.  It will not be the moose, but another set of patterns which the girls have chosen to do.  But just to note;  the date on this is 2001, so they are very durable as long as they are out of the winter elements.
NOW....this crazy cat woke me up one morning and it took me a while to realize what I was hearing.  She had crawled into this framed sewing bag and even though I had only a few things in the bottom, she was scratching at a book cover trying to make a nest.  While we were gone, we had kenneled the pets (we have a terrific kennel) and she was in a room with several other cats.  They had toys, scratching posts, little cubby's and windows everywhere.  A couple of cats were in their own spaces as they didn't get along with the others, but when we went to get her, she was curled in a cubby, another cat on the shelf above her and she was reluctant to even get out.  In addition, she was angry with us and totally avoided me for the most part of the day.  She got over that though and is helping me this morning as I blog.  I am off to try to garden and eradicate the little critters that are eating all of my plants...sorry, but they carry fleas, ticks and dig holes everywhere in my yard and I don't need another broken ankle.
Also, on a bright note, we are now seeing the doe antelope drop their babies, a coyote pair here travels back an forth to the river for water and hunt for their young...I saw a doe actually chase a coyote  away from where her baby probably was hiding, and we have hummers at the feeders and both tanagers and bullocks at the oranges we put out. 

"Nature has been for me, for as long as I can remember, a source of solace, inspiration, adventure and delight, a home, a teacher, a companion."  ~ Lorraine Anderson

No comments: