Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween?

Is it really almost Halloween? What have I been doing? I know someone has complained that I haven"t posted lately.  Don't have an excuse.  I did have to harvest my tomatoes and spent some time freezing them as they ripened in a box in the closet...below is just a small sampling of the harvest.  I make sauce from them mostly, pizza etc.  We also got a storage shed which was ordered in July..(finally), and I took a trip south of the border (WY) last week with my buddy.  We got stranded for 2 1/2 hours behind a 3 semi-truck accident going down on Friday and snowstorm on Sunday coming home in Laramie.  But we went to a quilt show, a Maggie Magee craft show and The French Nest outdoor market in Ft. Collins.  In addition, 3 of my quilt buddies from Cheyenne met us in Ft. Collins and we also had lunch with them, we stayed with a friend (Thank you Ruth) and had great food!!!
I have been working on a double wedding ring quilt and spend most afternoons paper-piecing small pieces of fabric (I never throw anything away), to the arcs below.  I think I will need about 116 and I am close to having 80 finished. For me it is therapy.  I have already used the fabric in the plastic bin and have resorted to my stash for more now...but as a (use what you have) quilter, it gives me great satisfaction that I didn't throw these small pieces away. 
In my sewing room, I have the buggy above, a relic from much earlier times and have not had the heart to let go of it.  I also have a baby blanket, crocheted by one of my grandmothers I think, that was mine, in the buggy.  For some reason Coalette has taken it upon herself to take her afternoon naps in the buggy, as Roger sleeps at my feet while I sew.  Can it get any better? We don't get trick or treaters out here, so I guess I didn't realize it had been sneaking up on me.

No comments: