Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Cold snowy days

 I got a call from my buddy in town (50 miles away) checkin' on me to see if I had been in...and not contacting her, but alas, I assured her that I had not.  I understand why snowbirds travel south in the winters here.  It was a freakin' 9 degrees yesterday and the wind is blowing this morning at a speed that rattles your teeth.  The inch and a half of snow we got yesterday a.m. is blowing like glitter everywhere and NO...I am not venturing out!!  Maybe I will quilt!!!  Above are finally the 1126 or so pieces stitched into arcs for the quilt I am making, but there are many more pieces to add.  The furkids below know how to handle these cold, snowy days which is why I have leather furniture. And I do have alternate seating. 
 Some of my favorite things are the gorgeous sunrises and sunsets and even with snow on the range, we still have those.  Thanksgiving is creeping up on us and looking at the calendar, I realize that we have so many birthdays in November.  2 nieces, a couple of nephews, a son-in-law, several dear friends and my sister,  and daddy and the Mr.'s mother had November birthdays.  Could explain those cold snowy days in February huh? 
The eagles still perch in the tree south of us as they look for prey, and the deer are starting to venture near for foraging, but the antelope are now in large herds on the prairie and a little more scarce.  Watching for tracks in the snow that on chance the moose may have visited this morning, the snow was only disturbed by a small bunny that has taken up residence in my garden.  The Mr. wants to feed him, but he is probably preferring the remnants of the flower bed and garden.  They can be ravenous and destroy so much, but I am not launching a battle yet.  Although we have cold snowy days, we don't have most of the natural disasters that much of the rest of the nation has and we are thankful for that and the fact that spring will eventually be here!!

No comments: