Friday, April 4, 2014

Stripping

 So I have been away from the blog for a couple of weeks and although it is spring, it has been snowing nearly every day.  I have been sewing 'cause I cannot get outside to plant, or do any yard work!!! Where is the nice weather? I am not stripping folks, although I have another case of shingles and I truly do feel like stripping.  (Yes I have had the shingles vaccination, but it doesn't always work.)  If you all recall, I bought an old sewing machine with a cabinet which is in need of some TLC.  It has been neglected for years.  Not wanting to damage it, I have been wanting to try just a refinisher.  At a yard sale last week, I bought a small table for $3 to experiment with the refinisher.  I used some years and years ago and was so impressed with it but haven't used any since and I don't want to strip my cabinet for fear of damaging it.  With a little refinisher on some steele wool and less than 60 seconds, you can see the results!!!  It even filled in the scratches.!!
Here is my stripper...well, she is just airing everything out I think..and yes, I do wipe down my counter tops. She has been going out mornings with the dogs and it is still dark at 6:00 a.m. here.
One day this week I let her in, turned around and discovered she was approaching me with something in her mouth!!! I screamed at the Mr. (he was still in bed).  I did not recognize the critter she was proudly carrying and when I screamed, she dropped it under the dining room table.  He got up, grabbed a glove and told me to keep an eye on the trophy.  Whatever it was did not move at all very fast.  He scooped it up and threw it out on the cement patio.  It was furry, gray and about 5-6 inches long with a short skinny tail.  I had to google it and it was a MOLE.  Apparently the pelts are really nice, but although edible, the flesh is not very tasty!!!

No comments: