Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Killing two birds

 We had a really big snowstorm this week, yesterday as a matter of fact, and it was 7 degrees when I got up today.  Now the sun has been out and the snow is melting like crazy!!  We had friends for dinner on Sunday and I needed to heat some frozen corn.  I had a small amount in a bag previously purchased and a new small carton in butter sauce so I put the first in a bowl with a lid and the 2nd which was in a pouch in the microwave on top of the lid.  When I opened the oven...this huge "bubble" was nearly touching the top of the microwave.  Whaaaat???  We all laughed so hard...trying to kill two birds with one stone?  Not always a good idea.
When it was so cold this morning, my little grey guy curled up on the carpet on the cat's scratching base basking in the sunshine.  Poor guy!  But look below...he and Roger got new beds!  And Spencer Blue loves his.  
I went to sew on Monday with my quilting friends and being able to sew all day without interruptions really does allow one to get something accomplished, plus the interaction with other quilters has been enjoyable.  I have some ideas for some quilts to start, but when I went upstairs to see what I need to finish....well, I have many projects that have been started and still need to be completed. 

I am so ready for spring and planting..but we have a busy little rabbit that has made tracks all over the snow outside and I am afraid that if we don't get rid of him, we will have more and all of my gardening will be futile.  It will become Peter Rabbit's Bed and Breakfast all over again!

No comments: