Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Summer time

OK so I have been gone for a bit, but with our short summer and some other issues, I have had to prioritize things.  But perhaps I am getting caught up. My gardening buddy has been making some terrariums and even though these were very popular in the 70's and I made several, the bug bit me again as they are experiencing popularity now too.  She picked up some plants for me and although my photography always leads to improvement, this is what I did and I am pleased.  With a drapery finial of glass I have a gazing ball in the lower right and a birdhouse on the left from a peg an some paint and glue. 
 Now...the old rusty white stroller which I posted some time earlier is also experiencing a new life.  With a new coat of paint and some make-shift wheels from the craft store, painted and mounted on a dowel...it is much happier than it was before being rescued from an old mine by another friend.

 Here it sits happily with a Creeping Charlie given to me by my gardening buddy's mother.  Happy? No doubt.
Living out here on the prairie, you never now what or who will suddenly appear.  The Silver Spur ranch has this herd of goats pasturing next to our property and they crawl under the fence periodically for "greener" pastures?  Sagebrush and rabbit brush is about the only vegetation but eventually, they crawl back under the fence and go home I guess.  The road over the Snowy Range is now open and we drove over on Monday just to see how deep it was and for ice cream at Centennial too so I will post some pictures next time.

No comments: