Sunday, November 22, 2015

Bread

When I was in Washington state visiting our daughter, she gave me a "starter".  I posted earlier the other bread from her recipe and decided to get a little adventurous.  With the ability to search anything from my iPad I found some sourdough recipes and the first, pancakes was a terrific success.  Out west here, sourdough is popular and was a staple for every household from the covered wagon chief to the chuckwagon cook.  Being miles from any town, the ability to make bread was a necessity and you took care of your "starter".  After doing a little research on starters, I discovered that I wasn't caring for
mine properly.  You have to feed it once a week if you keep it in the fridge and twice a day if on the counter.  I don't bake with it often so into the fridge it went.  However, I put it on the counter and after a couple of hours, I checked it and it was bubbling quite nicely.  There is too much more to discuss here now, but as you can see, the pancakes, the bread, and the cinnamon rolls tasted just as good as they look!

The next post will be about my dilemma  to fix the problem of my little furkids ability to get up on our beds.  We ended up with two beds
and one footstool, so both pups had
to get up on the same bed. For some of you, this may appear to be a silly problem, but these are my babes and my blood pressure tools.  (sort of) And in addition, I have one dog who thinks he owns me.  He has a really chunky body and short legs, but he is not fat, just big bones.  He reminds me of a little bulldog in stature or shortsure.

With the Thanksgiving holiday this week, we remember how blessed we are and remember those who are less fortunate.  Be kind and pay it forward.

No comments: