Thursday, May 11, 2017

Silver spoon and Mother's Day


I am not very creative with my title but I have wanted to clean out some of my photos so here is an example of my need to display this silver piece.  It was given to me a few years ago from my sister-in-law who had a lot of things from family and for some reason she wanted me to have it.  It is very pretty and I think it is pretty old...guess I should research the pattern.  I found the frame at the thrift shop and backed the spoon with batting and fabric and hung it upside down (or right side up) whichever you choose, and realized after it hung for a few days that I like it better this way.  So it no longer sits in a drawer and I like it as a piece of art. 

This is such a busy month for me...first of all, it is MY birthday month, but aside from that....4 quilting dates, 2 of which I cannot attend because of prior dates, dentist checkup, bone scans etc. (all OK), my son's birthday, two lunch groups, two visits from friends, Oh and Mother's Day!  My calendar is so full!  Don't forget Mother's Day if your mother is still around.  The Mr. and I lost ours several years ago, but it amazes me that so many of my friends are fortunate to have theirs here to celebrate.  Strong  ladies are living longer and longer and my goal is to do that long enough to cause
much more laughter among friends when I do something silly.  (you get to blame a lot of things on old age) Happy Mother's Day!


No comments: