Wednesday, July 5, 2017

More quiver and bear

 I have gotten behind again! Last Friday I had 3 of my favorite people come to visit and we had lunch, shopped and hit the quilt shops of course.  I miss the quilters from Encampment and my other friends from over that way so very much.  It was a great day.  They took my bear quilt back with them for a quilt display which is taking place in the library.  So I hurried and got eyes on them.  The Mr. drilled a couple of holes and removed the shanks on the back of the eyes as I did not want to mount them permanently on my quilt.
 He has been diligently working on the quiver for his niece and although the design has been revised a couple of times, it is slowly coming along.  It takes so very much time as every seam is hand stitched with two needles---one on top and one underneath.  It will be so very nice.

We had a quiet but hot 4th of July and were able to watch the fireworks from our neighborhood. Today, it approaches the 90's and some places in our state are expected to reach 100.  This is so unusual for us and for once I am thankful for air conditioning.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Thank you!!! I love you guys. The quiver is amazing and I use it often. I have gotten several comments about it.