Sunday, June 25, 2017

More thriftin' and good times

 Last weekend I crossed the border (state line between WY and CO), to meet with my good buddy for a trip to the French Nest in the heart of FT. Collins, now referred to as FOCO? The French Nest is an outdoor market with two blocks dedicated to crafter, antique, and other venders as well as a block of fresh produce venders. It is such a variety of eye candy and the shoppers bring their dogs.  We really did enjoy the morning.  We did other shopping and had lunch and went to a quilt show in Berthoud and on Sunday we went to another large flea market in Lafayette.  Such fun!! I spent the weekend with her and above, I came home with an old sled which she let me take.  She told me she had no room for it and I will always keep it (unless she needs it back at some future date).  I love, love, love, it and I put a quilt on it and my cat, Coalette promptly decided it was her perch.
 Yesterday, being Saturday, we hit some garage sales.  I have a fondness for old windows and we stumbled across a shed where there were probably at least 20 windows of all sizes and numbers of panes which the young man had inherited when he bought the home.  They ranged in price from $1 to $10.  This one above was $1.  I simply don't have room for storing them or I would have grabbed more.  Sorry girls!  And below, the large bowl and the vase below cost all of 50 cents.  With a tube of silicone, I now have a bird bath for the back yard. Did I tell you that I love garage sales?
We did get some more good stuff, practical things like new garden gloves, garden edging, storage bins, etc. We have to limit ourselves though and not bring home everything we see.  I also got 8 yards of flannel on a bolt for $2.00.  It has a woodsy print with trees and little bears so I am sure I will find it perfect for a quilt. I am thrifty--not cheap!

"You would be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap." ` Dolly Parton

No comments: