Monday, February 26, 2018

My Vintage Trailer

This is the last finished project...one of many on my "to finish" list...so IT" DONE!!!!! I now have it hanging on my sewing room wall.  This project involved applique.  Each flower, and there were many on that stem, was individually cut and appliqued to the trailer and the stem.  The collage by Laura Heine is only one of many available and I have plans to do another....a white buffalo.  In the future of course, when more of my to finish list is culled down, I will make plans to do that. The background fabric is Route 66 fabric...appropriate I think for my Vintage Trailer.  In fact, we sold our camp trailer recently. It was the fourth one and we really did not have opportunity to use it much.  Our normal camping area has been so very dry the past few years that it was not conducive to camping.  The grass had gotten tall and then dry and the forest fires had become a threat.  We did though over the years spend many, many happy summers camping with our kids and our friends.  Those were the good ol' days.

The Olympics are over and I am having withdrawal pains.  I spent so much time watching the winter sports, especially the curling.  I heard so many comments about the curling being too much to watch..apparently not everyone enjoyed them as much as I did.  Some of the efforts made by those athletes to even get there were amazing, not to mention the skill and talents they displayed in all areas of the winter sports.  We can be so proud of them!

No comments: