Saturday, February 17, 2018

This little piggy went to market

I remember so well, my father reciting that little poem to each of us as we sat on his lap.  I have never had much of an inclination to pay any attention to pig items, but for some reason a few years ago, I was attracted to a cutting board like the ones above and picked it up.  Since then, I have picked up these one at a time, but only if they were cheap.  I have paid mostly a few dollars at garage sales and thrift stores, but the little black one was picked up at the vintage market I attended a few weeks ago.  I paid $10.00 for it and it was the most expensive.  However, I knew that I was going to use it for the title of this collection-----"Pig Heaven".  Previously I had posted a snap of these pigs on a picket fence, but I was not really pleased with it so the Mr. drilled a few more eye and tail holes and I am much happier with this display, plus there is room for more!

The two little fur pups that I have went to the veterinary clinic to get their teeth cleaned and each lost teeth.  One for the little guy and two for the other one, one of which had broken off.  I felt like a bad mom, but really, they cannot let you know about their teeth and I couldn't tell.  Their blood work though was normal, no problems for these little guys who are 11 years old.  They have forgiven me for taking them already!

No comments: