Saturday, September 21, 2019

Bare necessities

 We are surviving with the bare necessities. Finally we purchased the above folding table and the computer which is sitting on a lawn chair shared it with my little singer featherweight.  That is until a few days ago when I purchased the old computer table below for the sum of $6.99 at Restore.  Really this is a jewel!  We are so reluctant to purchase anything as we have more contents coming than we have room.  I foresee a large garage sale in my future.  It will have been exactly one month from the 28th when our furniture was supposed to have arrived that it is due again.  I am not counting on that too much as my faith in this company has dwindled.
I haven't posted as much as I planned as there is really not much happening.  My daughter and I did go to a "Girlfriends Vintage Market" last weekend and I couldn't resist buying some fabric, and a small rolling pin and a "pounder".  I do collect all of those things and I had to resist buying a couple of other things.  I really enjoyed seeing all the great vintage items though.  There are couple of other events in the upcoming weeks which we intend to see. Because I did not keep the sewing table that I used previously, I do not feel guilty about this rather expensive one and it functions so much better.  The Restore here has such an abundance of things and the prices are great.  I really prefer to reuse and refurbish items that have had a previous life and they are often made so very well.  So now I am starting some more UFO's as I left all of mine with the movers.

"I'm working on my PHD (projects half done) in sewing."

No comments: