Monday, September 2, 2019

I don't like spiders and snakes!

Ok, it's harmless I am told and the picture doesn't do it justice. Black and a beautiful turquoise, it was just meandering across my path as I walked the dogs in the park. Actually it was the first snake I have encountered, but about the spiders.....They are EVERYWHERE and they come in all sizes, some of them are monsters.  I won't even mention the cobwebs they leave everywhere. 

We are still waiting for our furniture to arrive and it has become very frustrating to say the least.  However, I have heard a couple of stories from others who have experienced as much as 6 months delay and now I wish we had just sold everything and started from scratch.  We have been able to do some work at the house and have laundry set up and did buy a sofa which should be delivered this week.  As promised, our driver licenses have arrived and we officially are driving cars with WA plates now.

This past week we met more neighbors and they have been so very nice in welcoming us to the neighborhood. One of my neighbors is learning to quilt so we had a great visit. We were informed that our cat, Coalette who was left behind with a very dear friend was diagnosed with a mass which was affecting her eyes and nose and had to be put down. We are so glad that we did not try to bring her. Both of the dogs need to get to the vet this week as they are also experiencing some health issues. We knew they were reaching the age where we would be dealing with these problems. Having been with us for over 10 years, they were adult rescue dogs when we adopted them and we could not leave them behind.  Such is life.

The Mr. has been able to connect with some of the pool league players here and will start playing on  a team in a couple of weeks. I still have not been able to join a quilting group as so much of what I need is still in Cheyenne and I do not have the room here do actually set up much.  There are several contacts I do have and it may be closer to the first of the year before I can get to that point.  It has been so nice to be able to do things with our daughter and they both have been so patient with our residency here not to mention the dogs.  We hope it will not be too much longer, but we are at the mercy of the moving company and our hands are pretty much tied.  The one consolation is that they now have to pay us $75.00 for every day that it is late.  Perhaps we won't owe them anything if it takes several more weeks.

"When the snake decided to go straight he did not get anywhere." ~ William Stafford

No comments: