Monday, November 25, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving



I have been watching the weather from Wyoming and goodness people....I do not miss the snow, ice, cold and wind.  Today I went for a walk with only a vest on and the sun was shining and there was no WIND, although the temperature was only in the high 40's.  I do miss my friends, but I am trying to stay in touch. 

Today is my sister, Joan's birthday. I won't say how old she is but she is only a couple of years younger than I am.  I called her today as she is living in another state and sharing a residence with our other sister.  Because all 3 of my siblings are living and doing as well as most our age, I am lucky and blessed.  We are not without our aches and pains, but we are good.  Part of that I contribute to our parents. I worked with a gal who once told me that she and I were mutts...in other words, we have no fancy pedigree and it has made us strong and and able to overcome adversities. Our father's mother came from strong pioneer stock and and lost her mother as a small child  and although our mother's father was murdered when she was a child, she survived what must have been a difficult childhood.  We grew up without much money, but had two loving parents.  We raised our own beef, grew our own vegetables and were surrounded with family.  Thanksgiving at our house was bustling with people and always lots of food.  We never went hungry.  I am thankful for all of the wonderful memories of Thanksgiving as a child.  I am cooking the bird Thursday and our daughter and her husband will be sharing the meal with us.  It has been a long time since we had family for this holiday and I am so looking forward to it. 

If you are dining alone, or sharing this day with family or friends, be thankful and remember those less fortunate. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Trying to see how to post a comment...

Debbie Baldwin said...

Happy you got to have Thanksgiving with family. It makes a big difference, doesn’t it.