Thursday, November 7, 2019

No rain

According to the experts, this has been the driest stretch here without rain since 1957.  I am still waiting for the moss to start growing on my back.  At least that is what my quilting buddy said would happen if I moved here.  Wyoming and the Rocky Mountain region has always been high and dry.  Perhaps we brought it with us.  At any rate I am not complaining about that!  What I have been complaining about and it may explain the lapse in my posts is my age and what comes with it.  Sure, you can get lots of discounts for being a senior citizen, but as your age increases so do the aches and pains.  I can remember my dad saying "just wait until YOU get old", when he would complain with joint issues.  Well, Dad, it is happenin!  I have one leg shorter than the other as a result of an old injury when I was a teenager and I am having sciatica issues.  This past weekend when we were shopping for groceries, I was ready to climb into the grocery cart and ride.  REALLY!  So ice, and meds were relied upon and with very little relief.  Yesterday was our first visit with our new Dr. at Kaiser and I was holding out so that I could visit with him.  We had started to look when we first arrived here, but after checking with 3 different clinics, we were told that either did not accept Medicare or else that weren't accepting new patients.  So we put that on hold until September.  So far our experience has been great with Kaiser and the Dr. we saw yesterday was terrific.  He spent a lot of time with us and scheduled some follow-up appointments that we needed.  There was NO wait time for our appt either.  And in addition to the check-up and prescribed treatment for my sciatica, I have already seen improvement. Enough about that.

Above is a Wedding Ring quilt that was started last year using the "Go" machine and I actually began to quilt it this spring, but of course, it got packed so finally I have finished the quilting and am stitching on the binding.  I also only have 4 more 17" blocks of the blue and white squares to complete.  So, I am sticking to my goals to finish some of the UFO's before beginning another project although I see new projects that are tugging at me. 

We removed our dishwasher as it is an old one, maybe original to the house and are expecting a new one to be delivered in a couple of days.  We couldn't figure out how to make it work anyway, and in addition, our master bathroom floor is in a state of demolition.  The Mr. is actually starting to replace the backer board with new and then we will replace the ceramic with vinyl.  The floor is a wooden floor and was not constructed for ceramic so it had a new floor, but the tiles were not sticking and the floor allowed a little enough movement for them to loosen.  Removing them was a mess, and the toilet is sitting in the garage.  That's right, we were NOT going to get a fixer-upper, but I have eaten my hat before.......

1 comment:

Debbie Baldwin said...

We sure do miss you here. Everyone showed up today, except Becky. She’s really gotten into her Pickle Ball. I invited a new person to join us. She’s a member of CHQ that I’ve sat with. She seemed to enjoy herself and will be back next week. Deb is having surgery next Tuesday. We said we’d come and see her, just to make her laugh.

It’s cold (3 degrees) but not too much snow. Just remember, if it gets too wet from the rain, you can always come back and visit.