Friday, February 14, 2020

Farmers wife




Bear with me today, I am still trying to get this blog back on track. It seems as if every time a new update is loaded, things change.  Being of the Older generation, change doesn't come easy.  I still remember when our television was in a great big box with only 1 or 2 channels and everything was in black and white.  When I stayed with my grandmother, she watched all of the soaps with a piece of colored plastic taped to her screen.  It had a rainbow of colors on it and was supposed to represent the black picture in color I suppose.  I also remember the crank telephone that my aunt and uncle had and ours, when we got one was on a party line.  We had that phone for as long as I can remember. Oh, the good ol' days when things were slower to change.

I spoke with one of my sisters this morning who lives in MO and she said they had snow and 7 degree weather.  She moved from Texas to that.  I mentioned that the Mr. had mowed the lawn 2 days ago.  We have a patch of dirt which was where the septic was disturbed before we moved in so I will be planting there soon.  But see the pretty GREEN lawn!  Hopefully these pictures will be in order in the future.  Below are the remaining 6 1/2" squares from the Farmer's daughter patterns and I have 40 in all which is where I am stopping.  They have been sewn in the above quilt top now which measures 48" square and I call "pink caramel".  I was trying to organize the UFO's that I have this morning and realized that I have 4 quilt tops now which need to be quilted.  UGH!  Not my favorite thing to do, but I am too cheap to send them off.  Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: