Monday, August 10, 2020

Yard evolving

 Above is the beautiful Hydrangea, a gift from my wonderful daughter.  We could not easily grow them in the high and cold climate of Wyoming, and I have always thought they were just beautiful.  Well, my yards are blank canvases and she now has joined a Master Gardener group and as such was eligible to shop at their sale.  She purchased a great many plants during the two sales so far and she picked this beauty as well as another limey hosta for me.  I pray that I can keep them alive!
These two pictures merged together and since I am and always will be a little tech challenged, bear with me.  In the first above, you can see where the Mr. installed a piece of lattice to the two remaining posts previously holding up the clubhouse.  It provides a little bit of privacy from the neighbor's yard.  They are wonderful people and although we are in an HOA, it is very liberal and 40 years of accumulated "stuff" in their yard was somewhat hidden by the elevated clubhouse.  The remaining lumber was taken to our daughter's home and she has begun building a potting bench with it.  She also has room which we lack to store it and there was a lot of valuable lumber there.  Then in the lower picture, my first "Hobbit" home has begun to take shape.  I am not sure what I will do with this in the future, but we have lots of trees and moss and rocks.  My buddies in Wyo and I spent time in our gardens and we did make some fairy gardens so this is the perfect yard for that too.  Other than working in the yard, we shelter at home, visit with our neighbors and I walk with another neighbor who happens to share a quilting interest with me.  It has been a blessing to have such a great neighborhood.  Everyone is so friendly and really our life has not been affected all that much from all that has been happening around us. 

"Rules are made for people who aren't willing to make up their own." ~ Chuck Yeager

 

No comments: