Sunday, August 23, 2020

Yard update

I am still trying to figure out all of these new formats...Leave things alone.  I have said that I am not a fan of Facebook but have had to log back on after many years of absence in order to stay in touch with the events here during this pandemic.  I do not post normally and only check in about once a week with my journal group.  I will call some friends when I find time, but we stay really, really busy and are very content with our current situation.  I walk every morning with my neighbor and we are in a safe little bubble with our routines and friends and daughter-in-law here.  The weather has been wonderful!  I love it!  Yesterday our new refrigerator arrived!  Our old huge thing was a monster in this small kitchen and limped along for the week until the new one arrived.  Thank goodness for our freezer in the garage.  If I had gotten what I wanted exactly, I would have had to wait for 6 months as the factories are also affected by the virus.  I have been playing in the dirt.  For as long as I can remember, I have loved working in the yard and I especially like to terrace and work with stones and bricks.  Each yard has usually had a pond, but I am over that and with all of the trees, the upkeep would be too much.
The top picture shows the latest redo of the first idea below.  As I accumulate more plants, the design changes and I really like paths.
 We had our first rain in weeks two days ago.  It was getting dry here.  And our sprinkler system developed a mind of its' own.  The last time we watered, our street got a drenching as the sprinklers were going around in a circle.  Watering late evening, we did not notice it until dark.  The Mr. is spending the day on that. He had begun to tear out shelving in the storage shed in order to make it function better for us and he installed an outside water faucet for our daughter so needless to say, there were several trips to the home repair stores and some projects are in pause mode.  I had a crown to have done at the dentist and a Dr. visit and again, we stay really busy and safe!  I always intend to get back to this blog more often, but life gets in the way!  We are blessed!  


No comments: