Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Rolling pins

 We have finally had some rain and it surely feels like fall now.  My neighbor and I walked this afternoon and the sun is out.  Although we usually don't have much wind here, we did have some today and a few of the branches from the fir trees 60 to 100 ft fell onto the roof.  They are not large limbs and they roll off onto the lawn. But the walk was really pretty.  The colors are so brilliant on all of the bushes and trees. The trees for the most part still have leaves on although some are beginning to fall.  Saturday, my neighbor and I went to the craft shop and then to our daughter's home.  Of course we stay in our little "bubble" of people we come in contact with and practice social distancing.  Covid is real.  I wear a mask to project you; please wear one to protect me and anyone who may be in a compromised position. It was such a great day.  Erica has a huge back yard and she is in the process of building raised gardens.  She will probably be working from home for a long time if she ever goes back to the building.  Back to the great day.  I have a small collection of rolling pins and my niece sent me a really unusual one.  That arrived on Saturday also.


The microwave above has been sitting on a shorter tea cart...my counter tops, except for the island are limited to space and the island isn't suitable for it.  Since the cart is table height and not counter height, it was difficult for us ol' folks to see the numbers and text so the Mr. built a small elevated stand from scrap pieces to raise it about 6" and that works great! The rolling pin got a place of honor just above it.  I love it!  




No comments: