Saturday, November 21, 2020

Sheltering days

I have been quilting on a Janome straight stitch machine for about 10 years and have completed numerous quilts (too many to count or remember), and it finally began to give me some unwelcome issues.  I also had another much more complicated machine that I really didn't use much, but it wasn't designed for quilting the way that I needed.  Don't get me wrong, it was a really nice machine, but since I have been home most of the time, I researched some and the Mr. and I decided that I would get a new machine.  I gave my daughter the fancier machine, and actually, this one does everything that I need and it does a great job of replacing the old quilter as well as replacing the fancier stitching machine without the embroidery functions.  We did order it from Amazon and it arrived as expected even though it was delayed by a storm in Utah.  I am excited to use it and with all of the available videos on UTUBE, I have been able to get instructions.

 This is a quilt that I started in Wyoming and even before I could get a good picture, "Bogie" decided to check it out for comfort. I did quilt it with the machine above, but it was a learning experience and is just so-so.  The cats like it. I am saddened that our nation's residents are dying at rates so high at this time of the year.  In the past I have encouraged friends to wear masks, but encountered those at home in Wyoming who seemed to doubt the science.  Please, please, don't have large gatherings and take precautions.  Remember to thank the health care workers who are being pushed beyond limits and don't complain for the inconvenience of wearing a mask.  The life you save might be your own or a loved one.

Thanksgiving will come next year again, if we can survive the doubters and the misinformation.  This disease doesn't kill only the elderly or those with pre-existing conditions.

No comments: