Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Christmas with kittens


I have had cats for years, mostly indoor/outdoor cats, but never two kittens.  Although they are about 7 months and nearly full-grown, they are still playful kittens.  The tree went up yesterday and I knew that I would not be able to have all of my beautiful glass ornaments and icicles on it.  I have had several trees at one time for Christmas in the past, so I have had a lot of different ornaments and culled a lot before we moved.  I did get plenty of unbreakable decorations on the tree and the cats love napping under it and trying to play with the lower ornaments.  No harm done!  But above I made a few new ones after getting instructions from a friend for the hats and I used batting for the mittens.
These kittens are a lot of fun though and they have been a blessing during this time of sheltering.  We had a lovely Thanksgiving, although I think the turkey got a little too done.  Erica and Jeffery came and we are all acutely aware of masks and sheltering.  So many are not taking precautions even now as we lose more people. 

I have had so many calls dropped from my phone this week..actually every call has dropped once or twice.  So, we did truck out safely to the Verizon store and I did get a new phone.  Turns out, the calls are still dropping.  So----it must be our provider.  But on the other hand, nearly everyone I have spoken to has had the same issue...perhaps not as often as me but it is so frustrating.  Covid?  I am sure that there are so many using all of our technology now that some systems just overload.  There are vaccines on the horizon and I will be in line for sure. I was about 10 when the polio vaccine was available.  My father had us in line for that as soon as it was being given.  My grandmother's neighbor had a daughter in an iron lung with polio and he would take me to look through her window to wave to her and tell me that I wouldn't have to be in one of those with the vaccination and we weren't allowed to play with her sister.  I have known several people who were affected with polio.  Some of the long term affects of Covid are now becoming apparent, and there may be more. 

We try to carry on as normally as we can, being aware of our actions, but staying vigilant.  When my phone allows, I stay in touch with friends and family who understand the situation.  Things will get better.

"Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting." ~ Anonymous


 

No comments: