Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pumpkinfest

Well, these are not exactly pumpkins..but they are the contents of the box of gourds that I received via my UPS guy, Dave, from Welburn Gourd Farm. Aren't they great? All cleaned up and ready to paint. And the service was unreal with turn around time being only about 3 days from sunny CA to snowy WY. More about these gourds in a later post. About the pumpkinfest--a friend here asked me on a whim if I would like to go to Longmont, CO to an antique show, farmer's market and spend the night there. Antiques and food? Wow, don't ask me twice!!! We drove over the snowy range on Saturday a.m. but before that we stopped at a yard sale in the countryside here and scored some major stuff! Just the perfect way to start a gal weekend. And.....we saw a large bull moose just off the highway as we meandored through the foggy morning. We may very well have made our last trip over the snowies for the season as it closes with the onset of snowfall. It was misty, and we did have a blanket of snow along the side of the roadway among the pine and aspen trees. The event was held at the Boulder County Fairgrounds and what a wonderful display of antiques, crafts, junk and food. I even met some people from Pierce, CO which is where I grew up. A school teacher who began teaching there after I left, but knew my mother who worked in the cafeteria there. We took a break for lunch and for a five dollar bill we were served a bean soup, roll, drink and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Yummy! We had so much fun and spent a little money on stuff...even stayed until they closed. We checked into a motel..got the last room and were stuck between a group of young people who were loud, and cooking their dinner outside on a small grill. No need for concern...they invited us to have a drink with them and to have a braut with them and promised not to make too much noise. We were tempted as it smelled to wonderful and they were having so much fun. Shopped some that night after dinner and hit more antique shops in the a.m. Did encounter a little moisture but no snow.

Kitty, kitty, kitty. Just can't resist taking a picture of Hojo whenever I see him like this. Look at his feet. He has the BIGGEST feet.
OK--this is my millet just before we harvested it last week. Look how tall it is. There is my shoe with the hens and chicks just below it in the earth.

I am headed for Washington this next week to spend a few days with Erica and am really anxious to see her. Will take some pictures and hopefully have some great experiences.

No comments: