Friday, February 22, 2008

Long Winter

You can tell it has been a long, long, winter and I am ready for spring.  These two photos show the next painting project for my buddies.  Looks like spring!!!!  I picked up this old bug sprayer last fall at a flea market for 6 bucks and it is the largest one I have seen.   Didn't know what I would do with it, but when we decided to learn to paint the bee, it seemed perfect and what would a bee do without flowers?

I spent a couple of days the past two week with a friend painting a Santa Claus on an old ironing board. He turned out so cute and I don't know why I didn't think to take my camera, but will get a photo to post.

I am doing everything I can to stay busy until I can plant something and decided to embark upon another quilt top.  It was supposed to be 3 by 4- twelve inch blocks with lattice, but it didn't seem large enough, so I added another row, making it 3x5 blocks.  That didn't seem large enough, so I am making it 4x5.  This is an Eleanor Burns pattern technique from the Quilt in a Day series.  I love her process for shortcuts which really give you precise patterns. As you can see, our fur ball cat "Hojo" loves it too!! This is the Rosebud pattern from her book, Egg Money Quilts. 

I have another blog for you all to check out.  Erica and Jeffery are planning a wedding in 2009 and she has started a site to get input and post information and ideas. You can check her out here. We are so excited and she has asked me, her mother, to make her cake!  

"Of course I can do anything. I'm a mother."-author unknown

No comments: