Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Winter wonderland

The gentleman who is building these birdhouses, is using scrap wood and they are built so well.  They are screwed, glued and tattooed. (See the outhouse).  We asked him not to tattoo them as we would make our own designs on them.  Below is the outhouse.  It is not quite finished, but you can see what we are striving for.  The tall 3 story is going to be a project for all of us. (He is only charging $10.00 each and the outhouse is about a foot high, so you can imagine the scale of these. )  Yes!!

Look at my birdhouses! In my mind..it should be spring! However, as the girls and I painted last night and planned for spring projects, stepping stones and such, Mother nature pulled another fast one.  We have had to cancel 3 or 4 classes because of weather.  One gal drives 20 miles and another lives not far, but out on a county road which just yesterday had the road plowed.  We were so excited to get started again.  So at about 9:00, the Mr. called and seemed surprised that we were still painting.  He asked if I had looked outside and when I opened the door, imagine my surprise to see my car under about 5 inches of snow! We all panicked, threw things in bags and hurried to get out while we could.  (Roads are not plowed at night).  The poor gal from Encampment had left her husband recovering from heart surgery for the first time and when I finally reached her at home by phone, she said no one had been on the road before her except tracks that turned off at one point.  She said she could see the side posts at times, but the road just disappeared most of the way.  We gave her phone numbers and tried to get her to stay, but she did make it home safely.  Some might call this a winter wonder land, it is beautiful, but for me it has become a curse.  I have had enough!! I do understand why snowbirds leave this country in the winter and I am slowly thinking I may have to join their ranks. 
Erica posted pictures of the Home and Garden show they attended in Seattle this weekend.  Check out the cool stuff on her site.   

No comments: