Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dry spell



This long time without internet and without good weather has me confined and I was forced to finish this Cathedral Window quilt.  This is a fairly well-known pattern, however, it was my Aunt Irene (rest her soul) who introduced me to this pattern via snail mail and a small example sent to me .  Thank you Auntie if you are watching from above.



It has been a really dry spell for me as we have not had internet for 3 weeks.  We have been  blessed with sooo much snow!!! Three weeks ago, the "city" (can you call a bedroom community of 2000 a city?) plowed an alley a block away and cut the cable.  After 3 calls to the provider, and who knows what country they are in, and no response, we were able to get word to a local tech, who hadn't gotten a work order.  He came a few days later and said parts would be ordered and should be fixed the following Monday.  We haven't seen hair nor hide of anyone.  Finally got satellite today, but had to wait for that too!!  Two sessions of painting with the "gals" had to be cancelled because of the weather and like other bergs in this region, we have run out of places to put all of this snow. Will spring ever come and can we attribute all of this cold and snow to "global warming".  'Splain that one to me Ricky.   Today I got a new Painting magazine. What a breath of fresh air!  They have such great ideas and you can check out some of the projects by clicking on the link.  However, the three projects that I want to do are not pictured in the link.  Cement stepping stones with large flowers painted on them are so pretty and croquet garden hose guides are absolutely the greatest.  The actual mallet part is painted to resemble a catterpiller..I am going to set forth on a quest for these at flea markets and such.  The third project shows flower pots elevated on stakes and they are painted in such bright, sunny colors.   I am ready for spring thaw and gardening.  Does anyone who counts hear me??  This is a frustrated gardener who wants to trade her snow shovel for a spade, insulated gloves for gardening gloves and sorrel boots for rubber clogs.  Meanwhile, I will get the seed catalogs and garden catalogs and curl up in my quilt.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally! Internet!