Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back from Vacation

We are back in Wyoming and it feels like winter still! I have no pictures to post as our camera decided to expire the morning we left. We did, however, buy a new one after we arrived in Sunny CA, but I still don't quite have the hang of it yet and really haven't had time to work with it...but soon! The Mr. was able to play a lot of pool....didn't get in the money, but did play with his team in a hard luck tournament for 12 solid hours on Thursday. That was their goal. We didn't win any money in Vegas, but did provide entertainment for the Magic show at the Comedy Club at the Riviera. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, let them seat you in the very front by the stage!!! We were a little late getting there and were forced to sit up front. BIG MISTAKE! We both ended up on stage and you have so many bright lights shining in your face that you can't see the audience. That is all you need to know.

The trip from there to Mike's was uneventful, but by that evening, I had what I thought was an allergy and by the time I got home, I am convinced that I had actually contracted a bug of sorts. There were SO MANY people in Vegas. What a rat race! We had a great visit with our kids, Mike, Maggie and Lexi. Food was wonderful and although the time was shorter than we would have liked, Mike and Maggie went back to work on Monday so we left on Tuesday a.m. Elko was our destination for the first night on the road and we woke up to rain, followed by some traces of snow on the trip but mostly rain all day long. It is still in the 30's at night here. Global warming? I still don't have flowers in my pots and boxes. Beagle Butt and Skinny Bitch were glad to be rescued from the boarding kennel (although it is a wonderful facility for this area). We have lots of work ahead and my yard is such a mess! Blooms did greet me however in the back yard and the deer didn't completely devour my flowers out front. I need to work on my quilts, but I am not sure if I am getting the hang of the stippling yet. Need to check with someone who is smarter than I am.

"We have not inherited the earth from our fathers. We are borrowing it from our children."
~Native American Saying.

No comments: