Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Catching up

Having been blessed with so many friends has it's advantages. For those of you who regularly catch this blog, you are aware that my friend Sal and I have made a couple of "teacup" chandeliers. Sal has acquired 3 extra chandeliers and I want to have one above my table in my 'studio' (that's what I am calling it now.) Anyway, I have been searching for reasonable and pretty cups to go with the chandelier here without any luck. A couple of weeks ago I got a call from my buddy, Bonnie who was at a heck of a yard sale. "How many cups do you want?" she asked. She got me 10 of the most gorgeous cups and saucers and wouldn't even let me pay her for them. (She did get a great deal on them, but still?) What a friend!!! I have been trying to catch up on other projects and after Mike and family were here, the usual catch-up stuff needed to be done and I was a month behind on my Thimbleberries quilt squares, so in between, gardening, shopping for new windows (next big project which we will do ourselves because we are "cheap") and doing a stained glass gift for a new baby, (way overdue), and planning a camping trip and another "chic weekend" with more blessed friends, I am anxious to get started on this chandelier. That said, here are the quilt squares. I did manage to get the quilt for which I took a class last fall quilted finally and need to bind, also in between other stuff, so I feel good, but ready for a break...camping will be fun, but the weather outlook isn't favorable. Cold front here right now and it feels like fall....we actually lit the pilot on our heating system as we are supposed to get record lows tonight. Go figure!















Don't know who should receive credit for this quote but I feel like it reflects me somewhat...

"It takes a lot of talent to get a month behind in just one day"

No comments: