Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Fun

My friend Sal and I drove to Red River NM for the weekend. She had cousins from Oklahoma meeting her for 4-wheeling etc. and asked me to go with her. What a beautiful spot. As you can see from the photo taken from the ski lift, it lies along the river between two mountains. Apparently it is a vacation destination for lots of people from OK, TX,KS etc......places where the temp exceeds 100 degrees most days during the summer. (Nearly everyone seemed to have that relaxed southern drawl.) We rode the lift up the mountain and down again which took about an hour, but the views were spectacular, the weather balmy and the locals and tourists friendly. It is also a winter getaway as it is a ski resort town and tubing and snowmobile activities contribute to the economy. I must say it was a relaxing weekend and the locals were very hospitable. Sal's cousin and his family were most gracious and included me in all activities. We went 4-wheeling one day and we barbecued evenings by the river on the grassy lawn. Our rooms were equipped with all the necessities, we watched the hummers fight over the feeders, and the youngsters went to the dance hall (I was too pooped!) The drive for us was about 6 hours, but those Okies had a trip nearly twice that long. The Mr. babysat the critters and picked up Spencer with his new hair cut. He is sporting his new ball cap which says "Dogs Rule". I brought one back for both dogs but neither is really thrilled with them.














Today, it was back to the ol' grind. I began to paint the stairway walls. Do you know how difficult that is? The ladder on the steps would only allow me to reach a part of that so the Mr. came up with a device which will accommodate the ladder for the rest of it and I hope to get finished tomorrow. I put that off way tooo long! With Frontier Days starting ...the Daddy of Em All....and my Grand baby coming this weekend, it will continue to be busy for us. That Grand baby by the way will be 16 in October. She is bringing her mommy and daddy, (my baby boy) so we are getting anxious.

"Other things may change us but we start and end with family." ~ Anthony Brandt

1 comment:

Erica said...

He doesn't look too happy in that hat! his haircut is cute though.