Friday, October 23, 2009

Good company.















Little stars? Now they are little pieces of colored glass which I cut and ground to size and after foiling, will solder into little star ornaments. It is a pattern I have had for years and have just gotten the urge to put together for the upcoming holidays. Finished project to follow. We have been pretty darned busy around here it seems and are finally back to finishing the bathroom project. As you can see, the drywall is getting installed. Doesn't look like much yet, but I've been taking short cuts from one room to another through the open walls for months and it seems strange, to actually see the walls taking shape and having to "detour" around them. Yeah!!!














In a previous post, I had started this particular 9 patch and as you can see, I have started to put the actual quilt top together. It has been challenging. The curved pieces take a bit of doing, but it goes pretty fast. I have also completed 6 squares for the quilt class I am taking. Poor teacher. We are all adults who have reached the half-century milestone and we feel like kindergartners.
Bless her soul! It is fun though.














Yesterday my neighbor, Ingrid, and I took advantage of the good weather and went to Ft. Collins via the country roads. What a beautiful fall day! The fall foliage which is usually shades of gold and reds and oranges, seemed mostly a rusty color because of the early storms and freezing weather. In spite of the lack of color, the farmland, fields, and horses and cattle grazing still always bring a peaceful autumn image to the senses. While shopping and sightseeing seemed to make the time fly for us, we didn't neglect our sense of taste. Red Lobster, which is one of my favorite places to eat, made our trip complete. Good company, gorgeous day, good food!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

That sounds like fun, I am jealous.